The onboarding process includes all those actions focused on the incorporation of new workers to the company and is essential for the company to have a solid foundation.
However, when it comes to the onboarding of new sales reps into a sales team, onboarding can be often difficult. Learn all the products into catalogue, the geographical areas, the information about the clients… This can be a lot of information that can lengthen the process for months and that supposes an important waste of time and resources for the company.
Why do you have to take care of Onboarding?
Achieving a smooth entry and rapid adaptation to the company is essential for the new worker to understand the company’s objectives and act on them. When it comes to the commercial team, it is especially important that there is a good adaptation to the company’s culture and good habits, as this has a direct impact on the client.
The company must ensure that the onboarding process of the new commercials is effective, since a good integration is necessary so they can transmit the brand image to the client and sell in line with the company’s strategy.
How to achieve a smooth onboarding of new salespeople?
First off, it is essential that new salespeople receive all the necessary information from the beginning, and in a practical way, so they can apply this knowledge right away.
This is only possible if access is given to the necessary tools. Today, new digital technologies offer a great opportunity to speed up Onboarding without losing, and actually increasing, the effectiveness of the process. Now, what features should these tools have
To facilitate the integration of new commercials, you need to acquire an Intelligent Sales or Sales Enablement platform that includes the following:
- Relevant and up-to-date information on all the products and their families, in an organized way that is also accessible during the commercial visit.
- Up-to-date information on customers and their geographical areas.
- Integration with CRM to easily and rigorously manage customer interactions, obtaining metrics that help decision making.
- Access to marketing content to be able to use it from the first moment, to acquire knowledge about the company and to be able to transmit the brand image immediately.
- Work tools to be able to apply the company’s methodology, with recommendations for actions aligned with the global strategy.
- The possibility for coordinators to monitor learning and be able to give feedback effectively and instantly.
At a general level, a Sales Enablement platform with these capabilities can make learning for new salespeople more autonomous. Thus, integration in the company is more fluid, without the need for a large number of weekly meetings to resolve doubts or correct errors.
In addition, with a digital platform having to give new workers a large number of dossiers, folders and catalogues is avoided; while on the other hand, the continuous learning of the entire sales team is promoted through content that is always up-to-date.
It is calculated that the acquisition of an Intelligent Sales platform accelerates Onboarding by 25%, offering training in the process with all the guarantees to start selling.
Thus, Sales Enablement is the key to having a sales team in your company that is always prepared and that can continue to grow.